THE Bureau of Meteorology has warned more storms may be creeping closer.
A severe thunderstorm warning was issued at 1.25pm for the Northern Rivers.
“Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Drifts of small hailstones are also possible,” the statement said.
As always, the State Emergency Service advises people should:
- Move your car under cover.
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
- Don’t walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
- If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 for rescue.
- Unplug computers and appliances.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
- To ring the SES on 132 500 for emergency help in floods and storms
The next warning is due to be issued by 4:25 pm DST.